Wednesday, May 15, 2013

#LightsOut



I don’t feel any taboo towards suicide. Sometimes, it is simply a brave surrender, a humble acceptance that things are supposed to end at that very moment. I have been and would always be a fan of Paulo Coelho’s Veronica Decides To Die.


I don’t see death as something that is to fear, especially once you have come at peace with yourself, your world and whoever you conceive your creator to be.

A family member took his own life a number of hours ago, and I went through his facebook account just now, and found his last three statuses quite assuring – and comforting.

Amidst the pain of losing someone, to know that he(she) might have come at peace with himself before his last hours is somehow comforting.
 ***

 Last smoke before I go bro!

Smoke almost done in a few seconds it'll be dark

Lights out .. Peace out ... Ian out..#realtalk

*** 

 

Rest well man, ‘til we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEST LOVED BY READERS