Wednesday, February 20, 2013

PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER



(not a movie review)



“So, I guess we are who we are for a lot of reasons. And maybe we'll never know most of them. But even if we don't have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there. We can still do things. And we can try to feel okay about them.” 





― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower






I am fond of making movie reviews, being a huge silver screen fan myself, but this post is not, by any means a movie review. As a matter of fact, I even debated with myself whether I would post it here, or on my ‘more personal’ online journal. Anyhow, last night I got the chance to score a copy of the movie (missed it on the theaters!) and watched it at home.




The movie was great! It was way great I almost cried should my pamangkins (niece and nephew) were not with me. Have you ever watched a movie and felt like watching your own life? I did last night!










I am a wall flower myself. I have seen things and understood – without the world even knowing. I have wished people dead and hoped really hard that they really are. I have been hurt- to the point of being numb. And there were times in my life that I did feel infinite. I have that ‘tunnel’ experience, too. (Deep breathe) Turns out I would be keeping this movie dear to my heart!


It is hard to explain how we have become the persons that we are. And admittedly, I also feel like having gone below my level, below my worth. I am physically disabled now, and my health challenges are getting ‘bigger’ thus the tear eyes when the quote above was uttered.




We all have our PASTS, our sad, painful past that have afflicted our current realities. Insecurities, that being self doubt and fear of not being able to realize ones dreams – is something that weighs many down. Including me.


But the movie gave me hope. Well, reminded me of my hopes.
Charlie is right, Charlie is damn right.








***






 “I was very grateful to have heard it again. Because I guess we all forget sometimes. And I think everyone is special in their own way. I really do.”




― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

2 comments:

  1. brent, i want to watch this.. can i get a copy? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. from me? ikaw to giorj? as in geeYOOH? hmm sure, how do i lend you?

    ReplyDelete

BEST LOVED BY READERS